Panama is consistently ranked among one of the best destinations for retirees in the World.
One of the reasons is that Panama has an attractive visa program for retirees who qualify. The applicants retirement/pension income must be for life and be a minimum of USD$1000.00 per month (or equivalent in your country of origin). The Jubilado Visa currently offers great benefits and discounts such as:
- 50% off entertainment anywhere in the country.
- 50% off hotels (Monday to Thursday) and 30% discount (Friday to Sunday).
- 25% off airline tickets purchased in the country.
- 25% off at restaurants.
- 10% off prescription medicines.
- 25% off utility bills.
- 100% duty exemption on the purchase or importation of a vehicle every 2 years
- And much more…
Most retirees usually choose to live in the beach communities close to Panama City such as Coronado, San Carlos, Farallon or in the seaside towns of Pedasi, Cambutal and Santa Catalina for the laid-back lifestyle or in the highlands in the town of Boquete for a more spring like climate.